One World Ambassador Project
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the requirements to join?
The OWA Project is open to all citizens between the ages of 18 to 50 who have at minimum a G.E.D. or high school diploma, are in good health with no criminal background.
- How much does it cost to join the OWA Project?
There are no cost involved in joining the OWA Project.
- How much do I get paid?
For a teaching load of 40 working hours per week (including 25 teaching hours on average) you will be paid RMB12,000-18,000 per month.
- What are the benefits?
- Pre-job Training
- Paid National Holidays
- Airfare Reimbursement
- Paid Annual Leave
- Foreign Expert Certificate and Working Visa
- Health Insurance
- Do I have to have any experience?
No prior teaching experience is necessary.
- What's it like teaching in China?
- What documents do I need to teach in china?
You will need to provide electronic copies of your passport, resume, and educational credentials.
- Where in China will I be teaching?
In or around the metropolis of Shanghai.
- Do I have to be able to speak Mandarin?
No, English is the only language you must speak.
- Can I teach with my family or friends?
Yes, it is possible to be placed in the same city teaching with family or friends.
- Can I start teaching before September 1, 2013?
Yes, you can begin teaching as soon as all of your documentation has been processed.
- Can I teach somewhere besides China?
The One World Ambassador 2013 Project is only for teaching in China, however you can join American TESOL Institute which provides job placement worldwide.
- What if there is an emergency?
When you arrive in China you can register with your country's consulate which will notify you in case of an emergency.
- Can I end an assignment early?
Yes, you can end an assignment anytime.